THE JUST SHUTTERS WARRANTY
- All shutters purchased from any of our Just Shutters experts will be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship. This is what we are proud to call our Lifetime Warranty.
- In addition:
- all shutters will on delivery, and for a period of 3 years thereafter, maintain their colour fastness; and
- for shutters that contain remote control mechanisms, those remote control mechanisms will on delivery, and for a period of 3 years thereafter, be free from material defects in design and workmanship.
- Our warranty is given subject to the following terms and conditions of this warranty document.
2 Ownership Condition
Our warranty will apply PROVIDED THAT that the shutters remain in the ownership of the original purchaser. Any resale or other transfer or parting with possession of the shutters by the original purchaser after delivery voids our warranty.
3 Items not covered by our Warranty
- Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of the finished product we are unable to extend our warranty to the following matters:
- Exact Matches: Due to our shutters being made from natural materials, there may be natural variations in colour, grain and texture and as such may show the grain or substrate through the final finish. We are not therefore able to guarantee exact matches to samples, nor are we able to guarantee exact matches on subsequent orders. Minor blemishes where the grain or substrate is only visible at a distance of less than 60cm will be regarded as natural variations in the grain or substrate and will not be accepted as a defect.
- Colour matches:
- Woodstains: We cannot guarantee a perfect colour match, as part of the character of a natural wood product is that it may vary in tone and grain.
- Paint Finishes: We cannot guarantee that a custom colour will be an exact duplicate. This is due to a number of variables such as:
- the species of timber the paint is being applied to;
- the number of coats applied;
- the degree of sanding and surface preparation; and
- the temperature and humidity at application and drying.
- Sheen Variations: Whilst a colour may be a match there may be a perceived difference in colour depending on the sheen of the paint, for example gloss versus matt. We cannot therefore guarantee a perfect match between sheen variations.
- Minor colour imperfections not readily apparent at a distance of 100cm under ordinary light will not be accepted as a defect.
- Warranty Claims and Exclusions
- Subject to paragraph 4.2, we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective shutters, if:
- the purchaser gives notice in writing during the applicable warranty period within a reasonable time of discovery that some or all of the shutters do not comply with any of the warranties set out in paragraph 1; and
- we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such shutters.
- We shall not be liable for any failure to comply with any warranty in paragraph 1 if:
- the shutters were not installed by a Just Shutters expert;
- the purchaser makes any further use of such shutters after giving a notice in accordance with paragraph 4.1.1;
- the defect arises because the purchaser failed to follow our Just Shutters’ expert’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, cleaning, use or maintenance of the shutters or (if there are none) good trade practice;
- the defect arises as a result of our Just Shutters expert following any drawing, design or specification supplied by the purchaser;
- the purchaser alters or repairs such shutters without our written consent;
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear is it not unfair wear and tear? Really they should last and do the job for many years., wilful damage, negligence, motorised devices, abnormal working conditions or act of God, pets (especially dogs chewing louvres!; or
- the shutters differ from the agreed specification as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory standards.
- Repair or remakes of defective shutters is the purchaser’s sole remedy under the Just Shutters warranty and in no event shall any Just Shutters expert be liable for costs to remove and/or reinstall shutters or their component parts that they have not originally fitted.
- All shutters, frames and battens are put through an 18 point quality control checking system. Once checked, they are photographed with high resolution digital equipment before being packaged. Packages are then photographed as they are unloaded from the shipping container if they show any signs of damage. Please bear this all in mind when making a claim with regard to a damaged shutter, frame or batten. Shutters are very easy to damage on site, and our Just Shutters experts will not replace or refund damaged goods unless you can prove that they arrived in this state. Please do not sign for damaged boxes until content has been checked.
Noting in this warranty document will operate to restrict any consumer legal rights.
Our warranty is given to the purchaser by the Just Shutters legal entity with whom the purchaser has contracted with to provide it with shutters. For the avoidance of doubt no other Just Shutters entity shall be liable to the purchaser under our warranty.